Home Page Forums Widget’s Way Forum *** STICKY *** – Official COVID-19 Discussion Thread

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Patti Widget
    Keymaster

Hi! I created this thread so we can keep ALL COVID-19/Coronavirus discussions in one place! Please leave your questions/comments/concerns here! Everyone is welcome to share what they have heard or share their opinions. Please keep all comments respectful. I will not tolerate hate speech, insults, etc. This forum is a safe place for everyone. Thank you!

Patti Widget
    Keymaster

Hey guys I just wanted to remind all of you that all of these new laws regarding Covid actually only apply currently to about 5% of our tenant population the reason I say that is the other 95% of tenants in the state of California has paid the rent this month and last month to…………..

Hawkmgmt
    Participant

Hi Patti,

Can you please let us know if we are allowed to do any rent increases whatsoever during the pandemic? I assume we aren’t, but just want to be sure.
    If not, until when? Are we allowed to send notices in advance?

Thank you!

Ed

Patti Widget
    Keymaster

No rent increases at home during a pandemic! It’s not worth the risk and I’m assuming we’re going to have to wait sometime after the order to shelter in place lifts before we’re able to do any rent increases so that it’s not considered retaliation. Don’t even serve the notice in advance right now, it’s not worth the risk!

Hawkmgmt
    Participant

Thought you would say that! Thank you!

James Trammell
    Participant

What about leases that are up for renewal. If the market justifies a small rent increase are we able to do those if not we would have to sign for a whole nother year at the same rate?

Patti Widget
    Keymaster

hi James, sorry for the late reply..at this time we cannot do any rent increases because of the current moratorium. When that changes we will let you know. But for right now you shouldn’t even serve a notice for an increase.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.